Bedrooms are furnished with a bed (bare mattress only), dresser, desk, and chair. Some rooms have closets. Most dorms have a small shared refrigerator. Student dorms are single-sex and have shared bathrooms. No linens, pillows, towels, or personal toiletries are provided.
Two things NOT to bring:
- Dogs are not allowed, and may not be left in vehicles. Please do not arrive at MLBS with your dog. No pets of any kind are permitted on the Station without the explicit and advance permission of the Director.
- Firearms are never permitted, including in vehicles.
- Sleeping bag or several warm blankets/quilt/comforter
- Personal toiletries
- Laundry detergent
- Rugged field clothes (long pants, shorts, t-shirts, long sleeve shirt. Synthetics are best)
- Rain gear (suggest rain jacket and rain pants)
- Waterproof boots (Wellington style is popular)
- Hiking boots or sturdy walking shoes
- Matches or lighter
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
Other Useful Stuff
- Travel Mug
- Laptop computer
- Pocket knife
- Day pack
- Laundry bag
- Bath robe
- Shower shoes/flip flops
- Recreational gear