Bedrooms are furnished with a bed (bare mattress only), dresser, desk, and chair. Some rooms have closets. Most cottages/dorms have a small shared refrigerator. Not all cottages/dorms have heat, and nights can be chilly. Student dorms are single-sex and have shared bathrooms. No linens, pillows, towels, or personal toiletries are provided.
Two things NOT to bring:
- Dogs are not allowed, and may not be left in vehicles. No pets of any kind are permitted on the Station without the explicit and advance permission of the Director.
- Firearms are never permitted, including in vehicles.
- Sleeping bag or several warm blankets and a comforter
- Personal toiletries
- Laundry detergent
- Quarters for coin-operated washers/dryers
- Rugged field clothes (long pants, shorts, t-shirts, long sleeve shirt. Synthetics are best.)
- Rain gear (suggest rain jacket and rain pants)
- Waterproof boots (Wellington style is popular)
- Hiking boots or sturdy walking shoes
- Matches or lighter
- Water bottle
- Reusable mug
- Insect repellent
Other Useful Stuff
- Laptop computer
- Pocket knife
- Day pack
- Bath robe
- Shower shoes/flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Recreational gear